Goolgle Analytics Tracking Code

Sunday 22 May 2016

The Dance of a Heart

    
As I enter the carriage, a wall of heat smashes into my body. Grateful to find an empty seat, I step over bags and outstretched legs to get settled. At the next stop people pour in and I'm surrounded.
I close my eyes. Suddenly, I'm walking alone in a field of daisies at the back of my house. 
A memory of lying alone on the school green laps gently in my mind. Looking up at an open sky, every flower that surrounded me was a perfect opportunity to find out if he-loved-me-he-loved-me-not. Decades later, I wonder if these little things will stay with me forever. 
I think about the I-love-you’s that change your world, and the I-love-you’s that are never returned; the ending of something that glimmered with potential, and the beautiful beginning of a beating chest.
Whether we're pulling away or coming together, there will always be a dance of the heart. And it’s through these twists and turns that we discover what we’re truly made of.  
I can't help but wonder how connected we all are, invisibly intertwined. Who is falling for someone...and who is simply falling? 
As the train pulls into my station, I look around. Has the woman sitting opposite found the love of her life? And is the man, lost in his book, craving something he will never have? 
Bag on my back, I step out and make my way up the whirring escalator once more. 
I suddenly jump to the field again. And I smile. For wherever I go and whatever I do, there will always be love in my life. 
And a big field of daisies. 

2 comments:

  1. Is it falling with no arms to catch us or losing some control we think we have in life that often feels pre-destined ...when we fall in love? Although I have a great and lovely partner, I recalled past hurts during my 30-day meditation( pain, the sensation, is easier to remember only), that I knew then and now would never have been a right match for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love is certainly a powerful force. Thank you for sharing that, my friend! I love that meditation reveals these things.

      Delete

Share the love...