Goolgle Analytics Tracking Code

Saturday 22 January 2011

New Year beginnings



So, New Year, New beginnings... Exciting stuff eh?!

I have always restricted my musings to the safety of my cobalt blue journal. For my eyes only! However, as I sat there, 5 minutes to midnight clutching onto a glass of something cold and fizzy, I couldn't help but do the obligatory yearly evaluation.  Listening to the crowds of partying people in the background shouting and singing away in anticipation of the first chime (which was now 3 minutes away), I was transported back to the start of the year in a 'Scroodge, I am going to show you your Christmas past' sort of way (minus the ghostly billowing and cobwebs but you can leave them in there for dramatic effect if you fancy).
So I started the year of 2010 optimistically by packing my bright red bag and returning to beautiful Italy to embark on another tour. (My love for that country deserves a blog of its own-another time).
Breathing on a stage every day doing something I truly love is the most exhilarating feeling in the world which was then followed closely behind by the well known to all actors, slump once the show was over! Hmmmm....
Chimes T-Minus 2 minutes.  
This is when I guess my journey of the year really began. It seems that for most of last year I have been searching for something....something I hadn’t quite put my finger on but which dangled about a centimetre from my Roman nose making it itch like crazy.
I think a lot of people on this beautiful planet (maybe even everyone) will, around midnight once a year, look at their life and wonder where and how they fit in....or don’t. We all most certainly think of things we would like to change about our lives.
Then as the masses began counting down from 10... I made a promise to myself...9...I would be braver this year...8...and look inside myself...7...at things which I hadn’t dared glance at before...6...this would be the year in which...5...I stood up, dusted myself down and...4...made the change in my life...3...challenged myself beyond my well worn comfort zone....2...and for the first time in my life, without hesitation...1...FLY!
Happy New You!!

2 comments:

  1. I wanna fly as well. I SO WANT TO FLY. Getting the wings has been my greatest desire. I seem to know so little of the practical and so much of the theory. But hey, if time flies, I can always get a ride on its wings right? Love you dearest xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! I guess we forget that we have wings and get weighed down by our own limitations. X

    ReplyDelete

Share the love...