Goolgle Analytics Tracking Code

Sunday 18 September 2011

Perfect flaws




I never really paid much attention to geology at school. The hypnotic sound of my teacher talking provided the perfect soundtrack to which my attention slowly drifted up, up and out through the small open window above and into the blue sky.
If I had listened to her, I wouldn't have had to wait for this one fact which now pops up and out through my radio many years later. The presenter is cheerfully discussing gem stones and how they actually get their colour from the impurities within them. The bold blue of a sapphire comes from titanium and iron present. The fiery red ruby is born from the trace amounts of chromium within.
Having a fetish for factual titbits such as this got me thinking… If impurities and flaws all culminate to create something spectacularly beautiful in these stones, does the same apply to us? Could it be that our impurities and mistakes are the things which actually make us even more beautiful.
No-one is perfect and that’s what makes us perfect.
Sometimes it is those experiences which fashion us into more interesting people and without them, we would all be the same with no story to tell.
Embrace everything, every single part of you - the good, the bad and the beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love...