Goolgle Analytics Tracking Code

Monday 30 April 2012

Loose strings


As soon as it happened I knew that something was horribly wrong! I had carefully place three fingers one by one on their strings and, finding their home, held them firmly in place to listen as the other hand stroked gently downwards. A discordant noise rang out of my room and floated off into the hallway, making a cat somewhere in the distance run off and hide, quivering under a bush. Surely it can't need tuning again? I only did it a couple of weeks ago and haven't played it since...Hmmm.
There is something quite therapeutic about tuning my guitar. The combination of listening closely to the vibration until it feels right is fascinating. It is always painfully difficult to ignore when a musical instrument needs tuning up, and as I begin to tighten the strings, I can't help but wonder why it isn't as obvious when our lives are just as out of tune. Suddenly our hearing isn't as acute.
Sometimes we forget to look at our lives and attitudes regularly, and without realising it, some of our beliefs can quickly go out of harmony with who we truly are. People around us can have such an effect on us that our strings change and we don't even realise. Every day we shift ever so slightly and we need to give ourselves a regular emotional tune up so we are the most authentic version of ourselves possible. It important to take that moment to listen to your life and pay close attention to the notes being played; what kind of symphony is being created and is it the best melody for you?


A quick thank you from the bottom of my heart for following the blog every week - It means so much and I love you!

3 comments:

  1. How true, Jeff. I find that there is so much noise in my life. When I run I block out the noise, and can hear my thoughts again. They have way of settling back into harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. I had a friend a really long time ago. We were both flower children. She played beautifully and used to tell me that she tuned her "own strings" when she tuned her guitar. She said it was like meditating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bill,that's amazing! It is so important to know what we can do to shut out the internal noise and get back to harmony. Physical activity is great for that, isn't it. My thing is swimming...I love it so much.
    Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Share the love...