Goolgle Analytics Tracking Code

Monday 14 February 2011

I heart you




Happy Valentine's day!
It’s that time of year once again when most of us turn our attention to all things lurve.... Whether we are happily married, joyfully coupled or blissfully single*, we can’t help but think about love and what it means to us. It may be our partners, pets, jobs, clothes, families or iPhones which all feature prominently under this umbrella or a trillion things in between.
Love lifts, expands, engulfs, swirls and ignites. It shines a light in a world filled with pain and suffering and gives us a glimmer of hope....a shining beacon of loveliness.
I have always been a champion to love, fiercely defending its existence to the cynics. I can’t tell you the number of times I have heard people declare that the world is an evil place and that everyone in it is wicked! In their reality that may be true. For me, the whole experience is amazingly different. I witness on a daily basis, beautiful, random acts of kindness everywhere I go...... I see the woman picking up a fallen scarf and running down the street with flailing limbs, shouting to reunite it with its unsuspecting owner, and the hand extended to help an old man off the bus, and the smile given to the Big Issue seller sitting on the floor surrounded by crumpled magazines. All of these things prove to me that we are surrounded by love and if we only open our eyes, we will see how brightly we shine.
To everyone who has it or is still searching, I wish you all the love in the world!





(*not leaving out those who are not so happy in all of these things)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love...