Goolgle Analytics Tracking Code

Monday 25 April 2011

Everything





As I lie on my back with the warm grass tickling my skin, I look up. The sky is crystal blue and the dazzling rays twinkle through the swaying branches overhead. The plane full of people draws a white line 37,000 ft above and disappears behind the trees. I close my eyes and feel everything around me-the slight breeze on my arms, the warmth on my face, the money spider struggling to make its way across my hairy leg. I love those moments where I can shut out the world and just be. Life is so full of ‘stuff’ that we sometimes get lost in it like my eight legged friend weaving in and out.
I watch the family walking past and wonder if, one day in years to come, the little girl will lay on the grass looking up and remember that beautiful sunny Easter morning she took her mum and dad to the park.
My reverie is abruptly shattered by the sound of a screaming girlfriend being unsuspectingly pushed into the lido pool, followed by a big splash and louder laughter. I smile as a bee buzzes past my nose and makes me move my head to the side.
Everything is perfect, and for the briefest of moments, I have everything I will ever need.
Life is beautiful.






(If you like this weekly pondering, please share it on your facebook/Twitter using the buttons below. You can now also subscribe using RSS or email to the right. It means a lot that you guys read this blog. Love ya)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love...