Goolgle Analytics Tracking Code

Sunday 16 October 2011

Tea for two



"What would you like to drink?"
"Hmmmm, do you have any herbal tea?"
My host's knowing laughter echoed loudly in my ears as the cupboard door swung open with a flourish. I half expected to discover a bikini-clad assistant inside, waiting to vanish in a puff of theatrical smoke. Instead, the most colourful array of teas and coffees never before seen outside a supermarket lay before me.
"I don't even like half of these, but I love to be able to offer my guests anything they like. I want them to be happy", he said pulling a face. I laughed.
Slowly sipping on my newly opened Lemon and Ginger tea, I couldn't help but think about what this meant. Instantly I felt special.
It was such a small thing really but the warmth and thoughtfulness of it made me smile.
I wondered about how many other people had sat at this kitchen table and sipped on a cup of carefully chosen Chamomile, or Darjeeling, or Rosehip & Elderflower...
We all love it when someone does something to make us feel special and unique. That warm glow inside as we are filled with a sense of happiness.
Every day there are opportunities all around in which we can make someone feel just that little bit better - whether it be with a genuine smile, a touch or just holding a door open.
Taking the time to acknowledge a friend or colleague's nice new haircut can make their day and send a ripple out into the world.
Some people say that it is the small things that matter the most, and as I finish the last drop of my tea, I know this to be true.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean Jeff. Aren't these special times when someone pauses to recognize your existence.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog today. It is good to meet you.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim, yes it feels great when someone takes that time. I really enjoyed looking at yours. Very nice. Thanks so much for following the blog. Lovely to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should have had you to our house for tea before we moved from Southern California to Sevilla. We also stocked up with a wonderful variety of teas. However, our guests usually complained they couldn't be bothered and just wanted Lipton. I guess it works better in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the host with the most!! I would have gladly shared some of your teas. I think most people here like them.... Although I have offered some to guests before and they stared at me like I had two heads. So I made them coffee instead!

    ReplyDelete

Share the love...